Real estate marketing is generally a serious thing. That having been said, if you have the right personality, funny real estate postcards can be a great advertising tool!
When I was real estate agent, I frequently used humor to make connections with my clients, prospects, sphere and farms. While I did not use comical sales verbiage often, when I did I got an overwhelmingly positive response! While this is primarily about postcards, the ideas that are here will work for door hangers, popby cards and even t-shirts or notecards.
Aren’t Real Estate Postcards Dead?
Before we get started let’s address the elephant in the room! Years ago all the agents were sending postcards, but isn’t marketing all about Facebook now? ACK!!
Good old fashioned direct mail marketing can be a super powerful way to attract your “perfect clients”!
- A fun card sent into an apartment complex could get you some first time home buyers leads
- Send your farm a funny card and see if they respond to it (extra credit if you check the tax records and focus on people who have owned their homes for more than 6 years!)
- Want more referrals, send the listing agents in your MLS a postcard letting them know you are looking for buyers leads and will pay a referral fee
Marketing doesn’t always have to be so serious! A little bit of humor can sometimes catch their eye in the way a super sincere, “professional” postcard can’t.
When do funny real estate postcards work?
I have known some really serious real estate agents who would not dream of leaving their homes without their power suites, pumps and hairspray firmly in place. They fly through the day, decreeing things and are generally not all that fun-loving. Funny realtor postcards are probably not even on their radar.
Now me, I am the self proclaimed queen of corn and find any and all puns funny. The picture above with the saying “it is fang-tastic” always makes me smile – fang-tastic, get it?!?!?! Okay, back to serious real estate marketing then. So, long story short, if you are funny in real life then marketing based on puns, plays on words or funny pictures could work for you.
What types of funny marketing messages work?
There are numerous sales channels that you can use for funny real estate postcards including buyers, farming, holidays and more. Here are some ideas to get you started. If you have some more that I missed, please leave them in the comments!
- Buyers – Looking for a new pad – pair with a frog picture
- Buyers – Why the long face – Having trouble finding a great house? – pair with a horse face
- Sphere – Help me CLEAN UP in real estate and enjoy this soap from Sister Agnes – we used this one to when we commissioned little soaps to give as popbys at Christmas time
- Sphere – I will SPRING into action as soon as I get your referral…if you know anybody that is looking to buy or sell a home, please let me know!
- Sphere – Don’t fall for any old agent, get the best – with pictures of leaves
- Farm – Would you be my, could you be my, won’t you be my neighbor! – let them know you work their neighborhood
- Farm – Isn’t it time to find out what your home is worth? – with a clock picture
- Investors – Jump into the real estate market – with a diving picture
- Fall – Real estate is kicking off the third quarter in sales, there is no better time to get back in the game. Winning interest rates, wide open inventory all add up to a touchdown for the “home” team!
So there you have it, super funny real estate postcard sayings!
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS
- Check out all my Real Estate articles!
- Get 100 Free Marketing Ideas for real estate agents
- All my best worksheets & planners for real estate agents
- Check out my Listing Agent Training
10 Ways To Get Your First Listing Client!…. Real Estate Marketing
The one thing that I hear the most from new real estate agents is that they don’t know any creative ideas to find their first seller client. It seems like finding buyer clients is relatively easy and that many agents are intimidated by having to find listing clients. Here are 10 solid ways to find… Read More »Continue Reading
The Top 50 Best Kinds Of Real Estate Postcards | Real Estate Marketing (Updated 2019)
Today’s post is going to be kinda fun! I have a very popular post on my website about Real Estate Agent Postcards – Funny Real Estate Marketing Postcards that just cracks me up, but today’s post is a little different. Here are 50 of the best kinds of postcard ideas that work. You can send them… Read More »Continue Reading
How To Make Real Estate Postcards In Canva For Free
Real estate postcard design tutorial using the free design site, Canva, to make funny, just listed and farming real estate postcards. Includes how to tips and ideas to make your mailings memorable! Today is going to be super fun! I have real estate agents ask me all the time to make them postcards, but with… Read More »Continue Reading
Email Marketing For Real Estate Agents
If you are looking for a super effective, low cost and (mostly) hands free way to lead generate on autopilot, I really can’t recommend anything more highly than email marketing. From autoresponders to databases, listings and buyers to everything in between, all my best tips and ideas so you have a great understanding of email… Read More »Continue Reading