Tips, ideas, resources and videos for how to get a money making blog up and running in 30 days. Real world info about how to make a website that fulfills your passion and creativity AND makes money!
please note :: I often recommend resources, some I receive an affiliate commission for at no additional cost to you! check out my policies here
About 30 Day Blog
When I talk to entrepreneurs I often ask them, “if you could only do one thing all day, everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?”
For me that is blogging! Who whoo!
So when I decided to do a 30 day video challenge I decided that I would help my peeps to set up a money making blog like I have!
But I didn't want to do that hokey kind of “make a money making blog” thing that is so cheesy…. I want you to pick something that you can be in for the long haul and LOVE!!
So here we go, all the steps to building the blog of your dreams!
- About 30 Day Blog
- Day 1 – Pick a Niche For Your Blog
- Day 2 – Technically Setting Up Your Blog
- Day 3 – Setting Up Your Blog, Contact Us and Policies Pages
- Day 4 – How To Figure Out What To Blog About
- Day 5 – How To Find Blog Topics To Write About On Pinterest
- Day 6 – Writing Your Blog Post…. Getting Started By Outlining
- Day 7 –
Day 1 – Pick a Niche For Your Blog
How to pick a niche to write about on your blog! Tips and ideas for how to find a money making blog topic.
FIND 100 THINGS YOU LIKE
My #1 tip for picking a blog niche is to spend a week and write down everything you touch, like, or use. For me this is dogs, crafts, painting, collage, jeeps, craft beer, pizza, Florida, decorating, holiday, etc.
After you have figured out what you like, pick 3 niche categories to write about!
Day 2 – Technically Setting Up Your Blog
Tips and ideas for how to pick which blog platform to use and how to get your blog set up technically!
- Search Multiple Domain Names :: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/bulk-domain-search.aspx
- Jennifer's Hosting Setup video :: https://youtu.be/ZOcT6XBAgZ8
- Get hosting here :: https://www.Jennifermaker.com/siteground
- Squarespace :: https://www.squarespace.com/
Day 3 – Setting Up Your Blog, Contact Us and Policies Pages
Tips and ideas for how to set up your Blog page, Contact Us and Policies page for your new blog. Also how to add your pages to your menu bar!
- Kirsten's Contact Us Page :: http://www.foodfitnessfinancefun.com/contact-kirsten/
- My Contact Us Page :: https://marketingartfully.com/contact-us-work-with-tara-jacobsen/
- My Policies Page :: https://paperlypeople.com/policies-and-disclosures/
Day 4 – How To Figure Out What To Blog About
Tips and ideas for how to find blog topics that are popular and get a lot of view, but that are still easy enough to rank for on Google. How to use SEMRush to do keyword research.
SEMRush – https://marketingartfully.com/semrush
Day 5 – How To Find Blog Topics To Write About On Pinterest
Tips and ideas about how to use the Pinterest search engine to figure out things to write about. An easy way to generate tons of great blog topics fast!
Artsy Fartsy Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/source/artsyfartsylife.com/
Spaceships and Laserbeams Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/source/spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/
Huffington Post Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/source/huffingtonpost.com/
Day 6 – Writing Your Blog Post…. Getting Started By Outlining
Tips and ideas for how to outline your blog post ideas and then write the content for your post. Starting from the very basics, this beginner blogging tutorial will help you write your very first blog post!
Write your post in …
Notepad – PC
Text Edit (format – plain text)
In the WordPress editor
Outline your article
Fill in at least 1,000 words
Day 7 – Writing Your Blog Post – Headings and Table of Contents
Tips and ideas for how to use Headings to break up your content, get better SEO and build a Table of Contents automatically using Wzordpress!