All small business marketers want more traffic to their website, blog or facebook pages. These are where you can actually make content and build a brand and a following rather than just talking to your readers. So how can you get more traffic?
This is NOT a get traffic quick scheme! This is a slog it out, build a following, talk to them kind of post so if you are looking for a quick hit, move along.
Still here? Okay here goes…The first thing you need to do is figure out where you are sending all of that traffic and what you want it to do! I send all my marketing traffic to Marketing Artfully and until recently had kind of mixed the message once you got here. There were tons of things to look at and click and places to go. Now it is very clear that I want you to click over to my membership site. SO….look at the site you are going to be sending all that traffic to and make sure it has a call to action.
Back to traffic….
There are a gagillion ways to send generate traffic and the first thing I want you to do is STOP and figure out what you like to do!!!!
- Do you like to write?
- Then blog A LOT and then use the little button at the bottom to “share” your content on Stumble Upon, Technorati, Digg and Delicious (I use the tell a friend wordpress plugin by social twist for this!)
- Write articles on Ezine Articles and point links back to your site
- Get out there and comment on other people's posts
- Do you like to teach?
- Hold seminars and webinars that drive people to your website
- Make a little video class series and offer it for free
- Do you like people?
- Join the social networks and get involved – you cannot just put a link on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and let it sit there forever without any love
- Are you a Salesman? (I LOVE salesmen!)
- Call people with complementary blogs and talk to them. Ask them if they would let you put a blog post on their site with great content.
- Ask them if you can do a teleseminar with them that you can tape and distribute
- Call your database and tell them all the great things you are doing on your main site
- Email your database and ask them to share the big changes with their friends
- Email someone with a complementary blog and ask them to NICELY to feature a link back to your site! I got the nicest email today that sparked my interest from Ethan over at Sparxoo which prompted this post.
So there you have it, some ideas to increase your traffic that are not hard, but take some work! Some will provide you with direct traffic and some will help your google rankings. Any which way, all will get more eyeballs on your site!!!
If you would like to see the email that sparked this post and find out more about how to generate backlinks from other sites, visit our Marketing Memebership Site – the great letters I responded to are available at the $1 level!!!