So today's post is for my bestie, the fabulous Deb Ward (send her all your referrals for the Tampa Bay area because she lets me call her out to your benefit!)
So you are just getting into real estate or your are thinking about changing your real estate database over to something new. You have heard at conferences and from your broker that the best two on the market for real estate agents are WiseAgent and Top Producer so you figure they will be good enough. Sigh…
So what is so wrong with using a real estate agent database instead of a “real”, internet marketing database like InfusionSoft, iContact, Office Auto Pilot or any of the others out there on the market? Here is my take at 40,000 feet (read first and then watch the video)
1. Real estate agents have been told for eons that they need a real estate solution. They like marketing tools specifically made for real estate agents without looking around at their fellow real estate agents. These tools are made for the lowest common denominator, the agent who can barely work her cell phone and who is using the company website. Some of these dears are AMAZINGLY successful, but they are not exactly cutting edge on the technology front!
2. Having your listing process or closing tasks embedded in your real estate database might be a good idea, but most of the real estate agents I have talked to lately are using a third party closer or are using a system embedded in their broker site or MLS. The last thing you want is to have all your closing tasks in your marketing database (in my opinion). Your marketing database is bring in leads, lots of them, and then nurture them until they become real prospects.
3. Having a database that is a marketing database instead of a real estate agent database means that you will have actual tools for prospecting, building your website, collecting leads, sending autoresponders and generally doing real marketing instead of just tired old drip campaigns that annoy your prospects.
4. If you are primarily a listing agent, why the heck do you make the main focus of your website data capturing buyers likes and dislikes?
So finally to real estate marketing databases….
Deb is currently using WiseAgent and there are some good things in there for real estate agents…but darn it, I don't care about real estate agent stuff, because she is my friend, I care about her getting more real leads, having more closings and making more money. That's it. I don't sugar coat it with her and so I am going to give you the real deal info too!
You need to start internet marketing right now! You need to have programs and campaigns specifically designed to prospect for people that you want to work with. If you are working with buyers, you need to make sure that you marketing is geared to fulfilling their needs, sellers need something different and you want to make sure to satisfy that too!
Some examples for buyers include… free relocation guides for buyers, a native's tour of your town, top restaurants in the area, subdivision info, etc.
Some examples for sellers include… tips for home staging, honest talk about pricing, a checklist of what to get fixed BEFORE you list your house, etc. (ohohoh thought of another one! how to list your house so that you get cash offers instead of having to deal with Jumbo loans)
Do you see a theme here? If EVERY OTHER REAL ESTATE WEBSITE in the world has listings or heaven forbid an offer for a free CMA and you have real information that would actually help them, who do you think is going to get that phone call to come list me….:)
So what are we going to start with? A FSBO email marketing autoresponder. The FSBO signs up to get tips and tricks on how to be a better seller and Deb gets the chance to start a relationship with them without having to lift a finger!!!
So what are the steps?
1. Make a series of videos (as you can see in the free course, we didn't go high tech here…just good solid info from Deb!)
2. Set up a web form to capture data (in the video below) and then
3. set up the email followups
That is it! I KNOW the first time you see this it seems like it is SO many steps but never fear, the first time you do anything it is hard, after that you do a system and then just start banging them out.
this is recorded in real time….:)
So, to wrap up. Your website should be made to do just one thing, capture leads from people who want to work with YOU (not just buy houses). You need a database that has internet marketing capabilities (I recommend InfusionSoft because of the ease of use and that handy dandy campaign builder), then you need to do some follow up emails, ensuring you stay top of mind when they are looking for a real estate agent to hire!
(that IS an affiliate link for InfusionSoft! I SO love them…:)
Resources from this post!
Come To Clearwater – Clearwater and St. Pete Real Estate
Raj Qsar – Orange County Real Estate
Smart Passive Income Blog
Perry Marshall Adwords
InfusionSoft Database for Real Estate Marketing