So this morning one of my Facebook friends asked, “what size should pictures be on Facebook” which got me thinking, while I have a an incredibly affordable ebook out there about how to do photos for facebook ($3 bucks for goodness sake), some of you may not know WHY you need to take a peek at what you are posting and how it looks to the average bear!
First off, the answer is, we like to have photos that are 400 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. The reason for this is that they look GREAT on Facebook, look great on Google Plus and look good on Pinterest boards (there is a little cropping but I am pretty okay with that!)
As you can see, if you just plop a link into the feed, you get a wimpy little photo that is almost invisible in the feed. It also makes for a pretty lame looking Timeline. Back up, rewind…the feed is where you see all of the different posts from all your friends and likes, your timeline is when they click the link on your name and then see everything YOU have posted since the dawn of time!
The second set is of a tiny picture that looks even worse in our estimation. It shows up wimpy in the feed AND has a bunch of grey area around it in your timeline. Please, please, please, make sure you know what size your pictures are that you are posting to facebook! (top tip..I use a browser tool called MeasureIt…just go to google and search for measure it for chrome or measure it for firefox and you can add it to your browser).
The last photo was a big beautiful 400 plus each way picture… a REALLY clear winner in the attention game!
So next time one of your friends asks, what size should your pictures be on Facebook, you can say…at least 400X400!
Incoming search terms:
- what size should pictures be for facebook
- what size should facebook pictures be
- what size should photos be for facebook
- how big should pictures be for facebook
- what size should a facebook photo be
- what size should facebook photos be
- how big should facebook photos be
- what size should photos be on facebook
- what size should a photo be for facebook
- what size should my facebook photos be
- Advanced Social Media Marketing – How To Post To Facebook Timeline
- The BIGGEST Facebook Mistake – Social Media Marketing
- Facebook New And Improved Friend Lists! Social Media Marketing
- What To Say On Your Facebook Profile For Business – Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Is Facebook Beating Google