This is not a â€œhow to use social networkingâ€ post. It is more a why social networking can help your small business and how you can set up systems that will allow you to use it the right way â€“ not as a stand alone marketing magic pill but as a stable part of your small business marketing plan.
What Kind of Effort Will You Have To Make For Your Social Networking Marketing Success
If you are looking for a get rich quick scheme to do 5 minutes of social networking a week and getting major benefits, you are going to be disappointed. That having been said, it doesn’t take much time to get your social networking set up and then minimal time a day to keep it going.
It should take you about 4 hours to set up Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter plus your other programs that make using them easy. There are some tricks that make a real difference but mostly you need to make sure you:
- Pick a hub to drive everything to! I drive people back here to Marketing Artfully from Facebook but send people from LinkedIn and Twitter to my Facebook page sometimes instead of right to my site
- Include a link to your website, blog or whatever you are using as your Hub to send all of your people to
- Fill out anything they ask you to â€“ many times they use the information in past jobs and volunteer activities to find connections for you
- Remember to use a call to action that benefits your readers like â€œcheck out our information to help you..â€ or â€œfind out more about making the most of your..â€
- DO NOT try to overtly sell on Social Networking sites, do that by driving people to your home page and then sell there
I offer a social networking how to video series that will help you get up and running fast if you like to do it yourself. NOTE: We offer lifetime updates and will be raising the price to $47 starting January 1st so if you think you are intested in it, please buy now before the price increase â€“ you will get all the new videos too!
What Kinds of Leads Can You Expect To Get
Social networking leads are strong leads! They are from people who have some kind of relationship with you, not just people who stumbled upon your website and filled out a contact us form. Some leads that I got recently are:
- Digital Pickle â€“ a digital conversion for photos and vhs tapes company to set up their social networking
- A social networking class attendee who found me through Facebook
- Blog prospects and LOTS of website hits from twitter!
If you have any great recent social networking success stories, please make sure to leave them in the comments!
What Tools Should You Use To Make Social Networking Easy
The two primary tools that I use to make my social networking easier are Twitterfeed and Hootsuite. These two tools allow me to spend about 15 minutes a day and get great results.
- Twitterfeed.com â€“ sends all of my blog posts to twitter.com automatically
- Hootsuite.com â€“ allows me to update all of my social networks at the same time AND also allows me to schedule tweets for later
Overall, it should not take more than a couple of hours a week to keep your social networking updated regularly!
If you would like to have your social networking empire set up for you, we do a $250 social networking setup that makes getting started effortless!
How To Use Email For Marketing | Learn How To Make Hyperlinks