Wow does that sound friendly! What could be happier than daisy chains? Well Daisy Chains and Breadcrumbs are actually hard core small business internet marketing concepts that you (as a small business owner, entrepreneur or realtor) would do well to learn, know and love!
I have been talking about leaving breadcrumbs around the internet FOR YEARS! It makes me feel like all the little things I am doing online are leading to something much bigger than the tiny little parts.
So what are breadcrumbs? Breadcrumbs are little pieces of data that you put around the internet leading back to your website. There are literally millions of places that you can leave breadcrumbs but here are my top 10 for ease of use and effect:
- Facebook fan pages
- Leaving a blog comment
- Writing a guest post on someone else’s blog
- Aricle marketing
- Stumble Upon
- You Tube (I know this is 11 but I was on a roll)
So what kinds of breadcrumbs do I leave? I leave links to my main site and I leave links to specific blog posts that I think are relevant. I leave links to my affiliate products or sales pages for my products. Basically anything of yours you can make a link to is fair game!
So what is a daisy chain?
A daisy chain then doubles the power of your breadcrumbs by spreading the link love around. When you are making your breadcrumbs, link them to your target page but then also link them back to another breadcrumb. Here is the main part of this – DO NOT link them back and forth in reciprocal links! Your daisy chain goes from your breadcrumb to your main site and to one other breadcrumb.
So here is my daisy chain for today!
- I was trying to get Marketing Artfully to rank better for the search term “realtor marketing”
- So I linked my squidoo lens Real Estate Marketing Pro to point to Marketing Artfully WITH the search term “Realtor Marketing – Direct Mail Postcards” pointing to the blog post about that topic I wrote yesterday
- Then I went to Facebook and linked my Business Page to marketing artfully and squidoo
- Next I am going to submit this post to Digg, Delicious, Reddit and Stumble Upon
All these little interconnected links quadruple the effect of my breadcrumbs!