The BEST marketing money I ever spent when I was an active Realtor was on direct mail postcards! I sent them out to my farm, to past clients and to prospects. To this day, two years later, I still get people who mention that they are sorry that I am not still sending them as it helped them keep up with the real estate market in the area that I farmed!
So why should YOU mail out realtor postcards? Here are my top five reasons!
- They hang around A LONG time – people will keep them on their desk, bulletin board or refrigerator for longer than you ever though possible!
- It reminds people that you are still in business – I know, you are a professional and should not have to say so BUT with the market the way that it is you never can be too sure.
- You can market your listings – I know this one is not popular but it is true! Part of the reason you are paid commissions is that you market a property. I always made sure to put my client on the mailing list and boy did it make an impact that I was doing my job when they got it in the mail.
- They help grow your farm – When you do consistent mailings into an area you become the defacto neighborhood expert even if you have never had a buyer or listing there!
- Lastly, the cost has come WAY down from when I was doing it!!! – The price per piece, including addressing, First Class Postage, and Delivery is now $.40 per piece. Dang.
Learn step-by-step how to set up a YouTube Marketing Campaign for FSBOs and Expireds. Have them calling YOU instead of you calling them! Click Here
That last one is a life saver!!! The one thing that I did not like about doing real estate postcards was the cost! First I had to order the printing, then I had to have a bulk mail stamp to save on postage, then lick and stick the stamps and finally schlep on down to the post office and make sure I had my postcards sorted the right way. Wow am I having a bad flashback!
The cool thing now is that you can order one or a thousand with no change in price – the weensy ones are forty cents no matter the quantity you order when you use www.BrokersHelper.com (KW Agents make sure you use My Red Tools for a little discount).
So as you are planning your marketing for the upcoming year, make sure that you consider adding direct mail postcards to the mix. Here are some of the top ones that I sent out with great results!
- Just Listeds
- Just Solds
- Neighborhood Info
- Spring Ahead/Fall Back
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Funny Realtor Postcards (if you are not the queen of corn like I am don’t do these)
- Future sellers drips
- Under contract in X days
Ones I didn’t send
- Recipes – I am a realtor not a cook!
Hope those help with your realtor direct mail marketing ideas – please feel free to comment if you notice one I may have forgotten!!!
Incoming search terms:
- direct mail for realtors
- direct marketing for realtors
- realtor postcard marketing
- realtor direct mail
- direct mail postcards for realtors
- mailings for realtors
- the best marketing mail for relators
- realtor direct mail marketing
- ideas for springtime postcard
- mail out advertising realtor